Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bringing The Fire


My name is Sean Heffernan and I have started this blog in order to cover the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer. I grew up north of Chicago ignorant to the beautiful game more considered with the American version of football. That all changed after I spent the summer of 2006 in Rome, Italy and witnessed the Azzuri win the World Cup. The city exploded in celebration and I was forever changed. Since 2006 soccer has becoming an obsession for me mostly focusing on the US Men's National Team and the Chicago Fire.
Since graduating from Marquette University in 2007 I've written soccer articles for both the now defunct theloveofsports.com and the popular soccer website soccer365.com. This past May I helped launch BTeamBombers.com with two of my high school buddies devoted to sports. I intend this blog to be a great place for fans to come express their opinion about the Fire and the greater world of soccer. Please do not be afraid to post comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment